The perfect cup of cold brew coffee starts out with a coarse grind immersed into muslin bags and left in room temperature water for 24 hours. As a result, this long, gentle brewing process creates an especially soft, sweet coffee with a slightly lower caffeine content and noticeably more pleasant flavor and finish than hot brewed coffee.
As far as coffee drinks go, cold brew is certainly the new kid on the block! Less acidic than other types of coffee, cold brew is easy on the stomach and typically has a less bitter flavor. It takes more time than the classics like espresso, French Press, and plain old everyday coffee, but cold brew afficionados say it’s worth the wait!
Notes: Earthy, Dark Chocolate, Plum
Cold Brew Instructions (per 12oz tin): We recommend a coarse grind for optimal cold brewing.
- What you’ll need (not included):
- (1) Cold brew bag
- (1) 1.5+ gallon brewing container
- (1) Zip tie
- First, place the grounds into a mesh cold brew bag (not included) and zip tie tightly until sealed.
- Secondly, place the sealed cold brew bag into a vessel of our choice that can fit 1.5+ gallons of water, and fill with .5 gallons of water.
- Now, massage the mesh filter until all excess air is out of the grinds and submerge the filter.
- Important! Add .5 more gallons of water to the mix.
- After that, cover the container and store in a safe place at room temperature for 24hr.
- Finally, taste the coffee to determine if it has sufficiently brewed. If it has, be sure to squeeze the remaining coffee from the filter.
- Serve over ice, sip and enjoy!
Our commitment to Fairtrade practices and standards: Brooklyn Roasting supports sustainable, environmentally friendly farming and trade practices that provide tangible benefits for farmers and other workers all along the coffee supply chain. While there is no way for any one company to affect radical change in an industry that has historically exploited both the land and the workers who depend upon its bounty for their survival, we are doing what we can to raise wages and improve conditions at the lowest rungs of the coffee ladder. We work with Fair Trade USA, the leading third-party certifier of Fair Trade products in the United States, to ensure that we are making progress toward our goal.
Are you around Brooklyn? Pop into one of our cafes and try a competition-caliber nitro cold brew on tap!
$15.00 – $75.00
All orders received before 10 AM Eastern Time will be shipped the same business day. We ship all domestic orders using UPS. UPS observes national holidays, so that may affect shipping time. UPS will not deliver to PO Boxes. Once your package ships, we will send an email with a link to track your order. Orders in the contiguous US (48 states) generally arrive in 2-7 business days.
Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico Addresses: Please allow an additional 5-10 days for UPS Ground to deliver.
International Addresses: We ship these orders via USPS, which can take an average of one to three weeks to arrive. Please note shipping to these countries must clear customs, which may add additional time.